...evidence links social [intelligence] to mental and physical health. It has been linked to such disorders as anxiety...juvenile delinquency, and substance abuse
Dr Margaret Semrud-Clikeman. Michigan State University, USA
- Maximum of 6 children per group
- 8-10 session program, 60 minutes each
- Parent and teacher involvement
- Medicare, Private Health fund and other funding rebates may apply
childpsych has developed a new child-centered group program for children aged 5 to 12 based on the latest research.
Social KidsTM helps develop emotional intelligence in boys and girls by encouraging self awareness, awareness of others emotions and social skills. Evaluation of Social Kids has shown improvements in children's social and emotional functioning.
The program is suited for children with social relationship problems as well as those children with an autism spectrum disorder, children-in-care (specific module) and ADD and AD/HD.
- Improved behavioural self control
- Improved control over emotions such as anger, anxiety and moodiness
- Improved friendship making skills
- Improved ability to "read" other people's emotions
- Improved psychological health
- Printed information for adults and the child to share and refer to in the future
Enquire at our reception about our next group or call us on 07 3716 0445 to register your interest.