Does your child have learning problems?
We can help. Visit our
Need to see us?Make a
Read more about the
Social Kids program
Here are just some of our areas of expertise:
- Behavioural difficulties
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Peculiar/concerning behaviours
- Remedial Tutoring
- Learning difficulties
- Intellectual functioning
- Gifted & talented assessments
- Developmental assessments
Child/Adolescent Health Psychology
- Headache (migraines, tension)
- Weight management
- Sleep problems
- Complying with medical treatment
Get Adobe Reader
Welcome to childpsych
childpsych, short for child psychology, is a private psychology practice based in Brisbane, Australia for children aged up to age 18, where our child psychologists specialise in clinical, educational and health psychology services. We have a learning centre, autism services, and developmental disorders clinic. childpsych is characterised by high ethical and professional conduct, value added services, and flexible pricing plans. The motto of childpsych is "helping children and families to move forward".
At childpsych we work with children and families to develop skills which help them manage their own problems now and in the future.
For more information on childpsych:psychology practice download the information brochure (PDF document, 444 KB)
How to make an appointment
See us in Ipswich!
childpsych offers psychology services in the Ipswich area. See our Ipswich location details.
See us in Springfield!
childpsych offers psychology services in the Springfield area. See our Springfield location details.
See us in Toowoomba!
childpsych offers psychology services in Toowoomba. See our Toowoomba location details.
Simply contact us on 07 3716 0445 to arrange an appointment. You do not need a referral from anyone to see us unless you are eligible for Medicare assistance (see below for more information).
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM and Saturdays 9:00AM - 3:00PM. Appointments for consultations outside of office hours are also available.
You may be able to see us with the help of Medicare!
Download the Medicare consumer fact sheet (PDF document, 51 KB) or contact us to find out more.
Our core values
At childpsych we believe in:
- Professionalism - only scientifically proven psychological approaches are used.
- Education - parents and children are informed about their condition so that they understand their needs now and in the future.
- Interdependence - our interventions aim to move children and their family towards healthier functioning. Our goal is not to promote dependence on psychologists but to teach parents and children skills for managing their own conditions which includes when to ask for help.
- Commitment - children and adolescents improve in therapy when their psychologist is warm, caring and committed to them.
Why choose childpsych?
- We're a specialist practice - we specialise in children, adolescents and family issues. That's all we do.
- Employees not contractors! - Our psychologists are employees not contractors. Did you know that childpsych staff got together one weekend and painted the consultation rooms! Our staff are committed to childpsych and we only hire staff who are prepared to be legally accountable for their performance.
- Accountability and commitment - Our psychologists undergo regular performance appraisals - we evaluate our psychologists through formal performance appraisal processes that require a high standard of care.
- A professional psychology practice - Our psychologists work for a professional service firm, not renting rooms under the one "banner" - we value our staff and support them through resourcing, formal training and supervision. Our staff are highly qualified and experienced - noticed the number of psychologists with Masters degrees or higher or the number of psychologists who have been teachers in the past?
- We work with the "whole psychology" of the child - that's why we're called childpsych, short for child psychology. If the child or adolescent has an anxiety problem and a weight management problem, we can help with both areas. We work closely with professionals such as General Practitioners and Paediatricians as well as Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Behavioural Optometrists to name a few.
- The child comes first - we go out of our way to ensure the child overcomes their difficulties as quickly as possible. We will speak with school staff, other family members and any other significant person, to ensure that everyone knows how to assist in the child's recovery.
- Wide variety of skills -we have skills in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of childhood learning problems, emotional and behavioural and health related problems.
- Professionalism - we will not treat your child or adolescent if we feel that our services are not needed. If we are unable to help you we will assist you with locating a more suitable professional.